Travel Insurance FAQs
Does travel Insurance cover trip cancellation?
Yes, if you have an insurable trip cancelled, CGU will cover cancellation fees up to your selected plan limit.
Are my flights covered with travel insurance?
If you need to cancel your flights due to certain unforeseen circumstances, CGU will reimburse you the purchase cost.
If you used frequent flyer points, CGU will pay you the value of those points.
If your flights are delayed or interrupted for over 6 hours outside of your control, CGU will cover additional accommodation, meals and expenses incurred while you wait.
Are existing medical conditions covered?
CGU cover pre-existing medical conditions, as listed in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), at no additional cost. To find out if your condition is covered, we’ll ask you questions when you get a quote. If your condition is not on the list, you may need to complete a medical assessment.
How do I make a claim?
The quickest and easiest way to make a claim is to contact CGU directly on 13 22 94. Claims can be lodged 24 hours / 7 days a week.
Enquiries on existing claims can be made from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm local time.
What information do I need to make a claim?
In general, you will need to provide the following details:
- Your policy number
- Standard information to identify yourself
- The name of the insured on the policy
- Detailed description of the incident
- The date of loss and the loss address
- Any details of other parties involved (if applicable).
Standard underwriting criteria and policy terms and conditions apply. Insurance issued by Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722, AFSL 227681 trading as CGU Insurance (CGU). In arranging this insurance, Victoria Teachers Limited ABN 44 087 651 769 AFSL 240960 trading as Bank First (Bank First), acts under its own AFSL and under an agreement with CGU, not as your agent. Bank First receives commission when selling CGU insurance products. Please refer to Bank First’s Financial Services Guide (FSG) for details of these commissions. Any advice is general only. This information does not take into consideration your objectives, financial situation or needs. Therefore, you should firstly consider the appropriateness of this information and refer to the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).
For full terms and conditions, please download the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).
* Competition Terms & Conditions
1. By entering this Promotion, Entrants agree to abide by these Conditions of Entry.
2. The Promoter is Victoria Teachers Limited ABN 44 087 651 769 AFS Licence Number 240 960 trading as Bank First of 117 Camberwell Road, Hawthorn East, Victoria 3123, Telephone 1300 654 166.
3. The Promotion commences at 9:00am AEST on Monday 20 May 2019 and closes at 5:00pm AEST on Sunday 30 June 2019 (Promotion Period).
4. An Entrant is any Victorian resident aged 18 years of age and over that successfully completes an Entry. Employees and directors of the Promoter and its related companies, their immediate families, and retailers, suppliers and agencies associated with the Promotion are ineligible to be Entrants.
5. To enter the Promotion, Entrants must take out a new Qualifying Insurance Policy at any Bank First branch, on the Bank First website or by calling 1300 654 166 during the Promotion Period. Insurance issued by Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 trading as CGU Insurance (CGU) of Tower 2, 201 Sussex Street, Sydney, NSW. The Entrant will then automatically be entered into the Promotion (Entry). If an entrant does not wish to be entered into the Promotion, they should contact the Promoter on 1300 654 166.
6. The Qualifying Insurance Policy must be paid in full and the policy current at the time of the Prize Draw. The issue of a Qualifying Insurance Policy is subject to CGU’s underwriting guidelines.
7. A Qualifying Insurance Policy is any CGU Travel Insurance Policy.
8. One Entry is permitted per Qualifying Insurance Policy. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter’s database. The Promoter is not responsible for any delay in, or failure of, transmission which causes an Entry not to be received within the Promotion Period. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible Entries will be deemed invalid.
9. There are six (6) Prizes, each being Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones in a Travel Essentials Pack, with a combined retail value of $500. The total prize pool is $3,000.
10. There will be three separate Prize Draws conducted at Bank First, 117 Camberwell Road, Hawthorn East, Victoria, 3123, using all available entries. The Prize Draws are at 10:00am AEST on Tuesday 4 June 2019, at 10:00am AEST on Tuesday 18 June 2019 and at 10:00am AEST on Tuesday 2 July 2019. At each Prize Draw, the winners of the Prizes will be the first two (2) valid Entries drawn. Once winners are drawn, they will not be entered in any future draws.
11. Winners will be notified by Telephone within two business days of each Prize Draw and will receive written confirmation within 14 days. Winners’ names will be published from 18 June 2019 on our website, www.bankfirst.com.au and in the July eSlate newsletter.
12. If a Prize is unclaimed, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority, the Promoter may conduct a further draw on Friday 26 July 2019 at the same time and location as the Prize Draws, in order to distribute any unclaimed Prizes (Unclaimed Prize Draw). In the case of a winner, they will be contacted within two business days of the Unclaimed Prize Draw.
13. All prizes will be sent via registered post within 21 days of the relevant prize draw. Lost or stolen prizes are unable to be replaced. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of Entries and Entrants and to disqualify any Entrant who submits an Entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who tampers with the Entry process.
14. The Promoter is not liable for any additional costs associated with the taking of a Prize and any expense incurred beyond the specified Prize will be the responsibility of the Winners.
15. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liability incurred as a result of accepting the prize. Winners should obtain independent tax and financial advice.
16. The Promoter reserves the right in their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, at any time for any reason, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority.
18. Entrants agree and consent to the Promoter:
a. using and disclosing the Entrant’s personal information for the purposes of conducting the Promotion and providing the Entrant with information about the Promoter’s products and
b. using the Winner’s name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for any purpose
at the Promoter’s sole discretion.